Blue Coast Collection 2
The E.S.E. Sessions. Various artists. Blue Coast Records
Take your system for a test drive, or show off your setup, with this reference quality CD. Available in two formats: Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD (Hybrid) and MQD Gold Disc. MQD Gold Discs are numbered and signed. Both formats come in a digipak with outer protective sleeve with flap.
Read more about MQD Gold Disc at Blue Coast Music.
1. Three Little Birds (7:26) Keith Greeninger, Chris Kee and Brain
2. On The Moon (5:20) Jane Selkye and Chris Kee
3. Hole In My Heart (4:24) Chi McClean
4. Mutineer (3:04) Jenna Mammina and Matt Rollings
5. Hard Up Babe (6:12) Garett Brennan and the Great Salt Licks
6. Rise (2:34) Matt Rollings
7. Waiting For The Rain (5:25) Keith Greeninger and Dayan Kai
8. Colville (5:36) Jane Selkye and Chris Kee
9. Another Grey Morning (3:20) Jenna Mammina and Matt Rollings
10. Heaven (4:05) Garett Brennan and the Great Salt Licks
11. I Found A Heart (5:16) Houston Jones
12. Dust In The Wind (3:18) Luis Perez
Shipped USPS Small Flat Rate to protect the disc as well as get to you quickly.
Originally recorded in DSD64. Remastered using our SEA Process to DSD256.
Produced by Cookie Marenco
Recorded, Mixed and Mastered by Cookie Marenco
Extended Sound Environment (E.S.E.)
Cover Painting by Simone Raoux
This album is a bundle of uplifting music and acoustic surprises for all listeners — especially for audiophiles.
Jenna Mammina and Matt Rollings reinterpret rock and pop classics “Mutineer” by Warren Zevon and “Another Grey Morning” by James Taylor with beautiful feeling and open, evocative arrangements. Luis Perez provides an acoustic performance of “Dust in the Wind,” a Kansas composition that went gold in both recordings and downloads. Blue Coast favorite Keith Greeninger brings an upbeat and original version of Bob Marley’s “Three Little Birds.” And, don’t miss Houston Jones’ “I Found a Heart,” with an artful blend of acoustic guitar and piano. Blue Coast Collection 2 holds a landmark place as an early example of E.S.E. (Extended Sound Environment), a proprietary recording technique where all musicians are performing live without use of headphones or overdubs and recording with specified gear.
This long anticipated release of Blue Coast Collection 2 will satisfy fans of quality music and transparent sound with its carefully chosen line up of emotionally honest and sonically stunning songs. All performances were remastered especially for the CD and SACD versions. Some were remixed. Others have never been previously released.
"The release is dedicated to the memory of Jean Marie Reynaud, who I was honored to call a friend."
— Cookie Marenco
Hybrid SACD, MQD Gold CD
516 SE Gleneden Place
Bend, Oregon 97702
By appointment only